An Android App that scrapes public transport information (times/connections) and shows it on your Android.
Scrapes public transport information from the official transport
authority web site (times, stations, connections) and displays it
conveniently on your device.
This application is about utility, it has an spartan interface,
no bells. no whistles, no google maps or GPS required. It is
designed after my own requirements:
- show me vehicle arrival times
- show me my connections at the next station
- internet access - the time are obtained from http://www.ratt.ro/txt
- sd-card write - a cache with transport line and station information
is saved on the external storage.
- update tram line 9 to mach upstream changes
- fix crash for some users
- published on market - see Public transport - timisoara
- fix layout of update and connections buttons
- update data
- implement two-step connection selection
- implement 200m distance filter when checking connections
- add button to view connection times within selected line view
- remove vehicle detection
- modify times parser to fit new server output
- add credits manu and page
- change name slightly
- android market pre-release
- improve vehicle detection
- fix crash on update times
- in times view align estimates to the right
- try to determine and display vehicle position based on station estimates
- update line and station data (add E7b, fix 32, make station names consistent)
- changed layout of times view (thanks dante)
- changed error behaviour (generate popup after update complete)
- update deduper
- make "light" version of app (half size at about 450k) without high-dpi backgrounds (enjoy dante!)
- major restructuring of android-specific code
- new high-contrast graphics
- fix rotate/auto-rotate bug that caused the app to jump to home-screen
- updated line data, now complete for all lines (thanks Cristi and Cosmin)
- updated icon (thanks Florin)
- removed non-existent bus line from selection screen
- screen shots - main screen, trams, busses, select direction, updating times for selected line:
- new main screen
- show lines according to vehicle type (tram / bus / trolleybus)
- select travel direction
- order stations according to actual travel path (mainly
for bus lines, no data for other lines - send me an email
if you can / want to help with this)
- select line
- download and show times for all stations of selected line
TimisoaraPublicTransport - display public transport information on your device
Copyright (C) 2011 Mihai Balint
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.
Mihai Balint (email@example.com) - Code
Kriszti Cseh, Portan Cosmin - Data contributor
Florin B. - App Icon
Mihai Balint (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The people at the RATT forums for their support.
You can download this project in either
from Android Market Android Market.
formats. A smaller sized, light version is provided for devices that need it.
You can also clone the project with Git
$ git clone git://github.com/MihaiBalint/TimisoaraPublicTransport